Connect with Us Anywhere You Are
Make an appointment with one of our health professionals from anywhere. The convenient way to connect for your consultation.
Telehealth, also known as virtual health care, is increasingly used for convenient, effective and professional health consultations. Today’s technology means it is no longer necessary to be in the same physical location as your health professional to get high quality care. You can connect with our health care professionals using your phone or computer from your home, office or even while you are on the move.
Video consultations are ideal when you can’t get to a clinic. They also save you time by avoiding disruption to your day.
Benefits of telehealth
- Faster access to an appointment.
- Less disruption to your day.
- Avoid the cost and inconvenience of unnecessary travel.
Reduced travel time for consultations.
Closer collaboration between specialists and primary care.
- Improved access to convenient care delivered closer to home.
- Education opportunities for DHB staff via specialist video training.
For Aged Care Workers/Nurses
- Greater convenience and comfort for patients.
- Opportunity to increase nurse knowledge through exposure to specialist consultations.
For General Practitioners
- Less travel for GPs who serve rural health facilities.
- Store and forward facility allows for accessible referrals and second opinions.
For Allied Health Workers
- Reduced travel time and budget spent on travel.