Southern Rehab leads the way in multidisciplinary rehabilitation (or rehab). That means our team of skilled clinicians all work together to help you get on with your life.
We have locations across the South Island and this network and affiliated partners means we can offer the same level of service, expertise and personalised programmes to clients across the entire South Island.
Our main branches are located in Christchurch, Dunedin, Balcultha, Cromwell and Nelson, and our network of affiliated partners are found throughout the South Island. We hold major contracts with ACC and the Ministry of Health.
We employ over 80 highly qualified clinical experts who are passionate about helping you get back to life.
How we do it
At Southern Rehab we will put together a complete plan that gives you the best chance of moving forward. This might include:
- Pain management – learning how to stop pain from stopping you.
- Vocational rehabilitation – helping you to return to work and independence, in a timely, safe and sustainable way.
- Training for independence – helping you learn new skills so you can make the most of every day.
- Psychological services – working with how you think and feel about your condition, so you can take control.
- Concussion clinics – assessing how concussion has affected you and what will help you recover.
- Neuropsychological assessment – uncovering how a brain injury has affected your ability to think.
What you can expect
We treat you as an individual, and work with you to make the most of every day.
Southern Rehab clinicians and administrators work as a team to help you move towards where you want to be.
The medical part of the team assesses your health and any underlying condition, reviews medication, and advises your GP and other specialists about what they think could be helpful.
Our occupational therapists and physiotherapists help you to improve function in the different areas of your life. Our psychologists teach you how to cope more effectively with life issues, and how to improve your performance. Southern Rehab vocational consultants work with you to help return to a job that is suitable.
From time to time, Southern Rehab also hosts physiotherapy and occupational therapy students, so they can learn how rehabilitation is successfully delivered in an interdisciplinary setting.